OUR SURGICAL PROCEDURES WITH EPIDURAL ANAESTHESIA
The use of epidural anaesthesia in our clinic offers many advantages, both for us during the surgical procedure and much more for our patients themselves. In epidural anaesthesia, the anaesthetic is injected into the spine, which causes the patient to become completely numb from the middle of the body and downwards.
Some of the advantages are:
- very stable anaesthesia with a lower amount of anaesthetic
- painless surgical procedures, which under classical anaesthesia would be much more painful
- better recovery after the operation; the animals feel no pain and therefore wake up calmly, without agony and cries of pain, even after many hours of orthopaedic surgery on the hind legs (cruciate ligament rupture, patella luxation, fractures, arthrodesis, corrective osteotomy, etc.)
- reduces the probability of thromboembolism
- absolutely safe; the effect diminishes after a few hours